Monday 29 October 2012

Spin art




Recently we went to Walsall Art Gallery and Little Boo really liked one of the works of art by Damien Hirst which was one from his spin art series.

Due to this we set to work doing a activity that I have had in mind for ages! I brought a salad spinner from Ikea a few months ago which was cheap.  I brought this with the intention of using it for spin art and it is so simple!

All you need to do is cut the cardboard to size, pop it in the salad spinner, squirt the paint onto the card, place on the lid (very securely) then spin!



We started adding glitter and glitter paint in as well and this makes the end result look really nice and sparkly!

I have an idea in mind to use these for a Christmas project so watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be happy to hear any comments