Tuesday 12 February 2013

Reduce Food waste and save money



Over the past few months I have been trying to reduce the food wasted in the house.  As well as being a massive waste of money I hate to see food thrown away! Love food hate waste stated that
"We throw away 7.2 million tonnes of food and drink from our homes every year"  It is actually very shocking when you look at the table to see how much money this equals to.

Due to this I have started to write down or at least be more mindful of what we are eating and need to eat each week.

I have also started to freeze home made meals meaning we have our own ready meals ready and waiting.

One recipe that I have been doing for ages is banana bread/muffins this is a great way to use up bananas that are over ripe and that may be thrown away. It is a great recipe to make with Little ones Little Boo loves mashing the bananas!




The best recipe that I have found is this one I just omitted the Walnuts.  I made this into muffins so it took 25 Minutes to cook.  Once they had cooled I was able to freeze some for another day.








No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be happy to hear any comments