Monday 25 March 2013

A Box to Encourage Mark Making


I have been meaning to post this for ages now as I realise that for many of us encouraging our children to make marks is very important as a start to get them interested in writing. At home we have a box full of different items all to encourage mark making.



It is surprising how the box is used differently each time. Sometimes Boo likes me to get her a colouring in book other times she uses the stencils then the other day she asked if we could write letters therefore the printed stamps and envelopes have become a new addition to the box.



There are loads of things in the box and we keep adding to it. Can you spot the rubbings that I made for Little Boo ages ago? She still loves using them. The great thing is that everything is in one box so really easy to store away and use when needed.

What else would you add in the box to encourage mark making?




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be happy to hear any comments