Monday 5 May 2014

Recycled magazine paper pot (All Crafts Challenge April/May)






I am really pleased to tell you all that I am now part of the Design team on Craft My Life blog.  The blog hosts a really fun craft challenge where people can link up their craft ideas.  The only rule being that it must NOT be a card.  This I think is an excellent idea as it gives us all the opportunity to try out the different crafts that we may enjoy but have never made time for. It would be great if you could pop along and join All Crafts Challenge link any craft idea that is not a card. I will look forward to seeing everyone's ideas.

My contribution this month is my recycled paper weaved pot I really wanted to make something that would use some of my old magazines then came across some ideas which use rolled paper.  All you need to do is use magazine paper and half this then roll the paper around a wooden skewer and glue to finish.

Once, you have quite a few of these you need to then flatten  all the rolls of paper.  I then followed this YouTube clip on how to complete a weaved paper basket.  I am so pleased with the results I do not want to paint it as I like the way it looks up cycled. To finish this off I added a recycled paper flower.  I hope that you like the idea it is really simple to do it just requires patience.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be happy to hear any comments