Monday 18 February 2013

Make your own chalk board Easter egg to decorate again and again



I have always wanted to use chalk paint but have been put off by how expensive that it is.  However, online the other day I found a really simple way to make your own chalk board paint Thanks to A Beautiful Mess for the inspiration! All you need is




  • 1 tbsp of unsanded grout
  • half cup of Acrylic paint
  • a surface to paint (I used mount card)
  • something to mix it with
  • brush to paint


All that is required is to mix this together then use. I painted this as the grout has very small particles so is not suitable for young children to use, please be careful and use it in a well ventilated area.  I have been really impressed with the results and decided to make Little Boo an Easter Egg chalk board that she can use again and again to decorate.  This has also been great writing practise as we have been decorating the egg with all sorts of line patterns which is great to learn pencil control.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be happy to hear any comments