Sunday 9 June 2013

Teacher role play- learning in a fun way.




Sorry I have been gone for a while I have been so busy finishing my PGCE I am pleased to say it is now completed!!!

It seems very appropriate that today's blog post is all about Boo playing teachers.   Ever since she started back at nursery this term she loves playing teachers.  I have lost count how many times I have ended up on the time out spot!! I decided to assist with this new found interest by providing a few resources that she could use to make it more interesting.

The great thing is that Boo is learning at the same time without realising it.  She spends her time teaching me my numbers and letter sounds on occasions I pretend to get it wrong so that gives her the opportunity to correct me. This proves to me that she understands.

Inside the teachers box is




  • Resources from Twinkl  teacher role play pack letter formation worksheets
  • RML Phonics cards- my Dad got these from the charity shop at a great price bless him! 
  • Buttons to count 
  • White board markers as all the sheets are laminated and can be reused 
  • Pen 
  • An old filo fax I do not use this now and Boo loves writing in it 
  • Post it notes 
  • Medal- for the student who is best behaved 


I am sure that Boo will add more items to this as we use it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be happy to hear any comments