Thursday 31 May 2012

Homemade Flowerpress

I have been looking around for more outdoors activities then considered flower pressing.  This is something that we always used to do as children which I had forgotten how much I enjoyed.  We had a wooden flower press which can be purchased from many places.  However, I considered making one with Little Boo (an idea that I got from Pinterest)  as well as saving money (always important) the press is more personalised. 

Just needed to cut out five pieces of thick card. We also needed some blotting paper I used some printer paper as there was loads at work in the recycling.

It was great as Little Boos Nan did not need these calenders so we had them and cut out some images to make our flower press pretty.
Decorating the Flower press.

This is the completed Flower press so easy to make and I think it will be hours of fun! I covered the press with contact paper to neaten the edges down.




Collecting flowers

This is a wonderful way to get outside together but please check your countries guidelines for picking wild flowers as it may be illegal to pick certain flowers I really would not want anyone getting fined just for trying to do this lovely activity.

2 comments:

  1. I've been keen to introduce my kids to flower pressing. You've inspired me to give it a go, starting with a home-made press.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful to hear that I have inspired someone to share this activity with their children. Would be great to see your results feel free to post any images on my Facebook page. Happy pressing :)

      Delete

I would be happy to hear any comments