Sunday 27 January 2013

Making Miss Mouse from Show me Show me- handmade Birthday present





A few weeks ago I started knitting and I am really enjoying it.  After making a few finger Puppets for Little Boo I decided that it was time to do something a little bit more difficult.  Little Boo loves Miss Mouse on the program Show me Show me on Cbeebies. As you can not buy the toys for this program I decided knitting one would be a good idea.  I looked everywhere for the pattern to knit Miss Mouse then eventually I found the pattern on ebay.  I am really pleased with how she has turned out and the pattern was easy to follow (thanks to the lady on ebay and with the help of youtube to look up stitches).  I just hope that Little Boo likes her as I am giving it to her as a Birthday present she is 3 next week!

Have you ever made a Birthday Present or toy? Some great places to start looking for knitted toy patterns are

ebay
Ravelry- A knitting and Crochet pattern website.  Some of the patterns you have to buy but many are also free.
Flutterby Patch- A great blog that has some free patterns and some that are sold at Etsy .  I love the free pencil toppers pattern and the tooth fairy.

I have also found some good books whilst searching.

Knitted Toys



I love the Finger Puppet idea in here for Goldilocks and the three bears.  I am just in the process of finishing these off. 



There is a lovely doll in this one and I like the puppets as well. 

Anyway, I hope that this may be helpful for some of you.  I realise it can seem like a really difficult task but with youtube on my phone I was able to look straight away if I could not understand what I had to do for one of the stitches and this was quite frequently! Hope you like Miss Mouse. 


1 comment:

  1. You’ve been hit with a Liebster Award! Congratulations! The rules are on my blog. Enjoy sharing the love!
    bigenergylittlelearners.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I would be happy to hear any comments