Wednesday 9 May 2012

Sharing a book- Shirley Hughes Dogger.

I love Shirley Hughes and Dogger is one of my favourites! This is probably because I remember reading it as a child.  I went on line to find resources and found a great movable dogger.  All you need to do is subscribe to TES which is free .  We found the movable Dogger to colour in and make and a sequencing printable.  Both of which Little Boo enjoyed doing.


Colouring in Dogger

After being laminated and some split pins added! Apparently the dog wanted to sit on Little Boos chair.

Looking at the sequencing cards. I am going to add a few more cards to this.


Dogger then went for a little walk

The school fair began and poor little Dogger was at the back of our stall. 

Little Boo brought Dogger.


There are other activities that may be suitable for older children.  Me and Little Boo did a market stall with loads of toys we used this as role play but for older children you could extend the activity further to incorporate money. There was also plenty of opportunity to play fancy dress as there is a fancy dress competition at the school fayre

The book has scored 4.11 out of 5 on Goodreads and has brilliant reviews from most people on there.  I feel that it is fantastic that even though it was written a long time ago it still has relevance today.  I like the way that the book displays positive behaviour as Bella gave away her toy so her brother could have Dogger back. 

I hope that this has provided you all with other ways to enjoy the book Dogger together. Next week  we will be looking at We're Going on a bear Hunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be happy to hear any comments