Monday 25 June 2012

Dress up felt lady



Which one is your favourite? Mine is the cherry dress.  This is thanks to Little Boos Auntie who donated some fabric. 


After looking on the internet for some templates for felt I came across this dressing a lady template.  I was so impressed by the images on the website that I had to have a go at making this for Little Boo.  It was so much fun thinking of what materials to use to make the dresses and tops interesting.  Mainly the base was made up of felt or cotton (so it would stick) then detail was added on with PVA glue. I did up-cycle some of Little Boos old clothes (cotton) as well to make some of the dresses.  However, cotton does fray so I just went around the little dresses with a bit of PVA glue it seems to have done the trick for now but I am sure there is something out there more technical that can be used especially for this purpose. 

Just recently I have started to get activities ready for Little Boo on an evening ready for in the morning.  I figured that when I am at work I always have a plan so why not at home? It makes for a much better day as I can get activities ready a lot easier. This is what I did with this felt activity it was really nice to see her face when she saw it in the morning. Well worth the few hours that it took me to make. I did not even consider when making this the aspects of learning that are covered such as learning the names for items of clothes and colours.  Before I realised Little Boo was saying "I want the dress with flowers on" and " where are the ladies trousers?".  We also started to have a conversation about where the lady was going to.  Due to this I may need to make her some books as the library was suggested and later she was going swimming.  Seems like I have my work cut out    to get some more accessories and clothes made.  Little Boo later asked "where is the man?" so stay tuned as I have the templates at the ready and will be posting all about him and putting the free templates on tomorrow. 







We have now been lucky enough to come by a felt board thanks to my Dad his work were going to throw it out. My Dad knew I would have a use for it. 




3 comments:

  1. I love how stylish these templates are! And how chic you've made thier clothes! :) Soooo cute! Can't wait to meet The Man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The templates are amazing I was so pleased to find them. Unfortunately the man is not so chic but he does have a very cool pair of sunglasses!

      Delete
  2. What a lovely felt lady. Looks like you guys had lots of fun. I think I need to make a set!

    Thank you so much for sharing on Kids Get Crafty!

    Maggy & Alissa

    ReplyDelete

I would be happy to hear any comments