Thursday 29 November 2012

let it snow, let it snow, let it snow



Today I am posting about the three ways that we have made snow.  Hopefully everyone will be able to find one that would be suitable to use.

Cornflour and shaving cream 
To make this I just mixed cornflour and shaving cream together until I had a good consistency where it would hold together if molded.  Thank you to Growing a Jeweled rose for this fantastic activity. Out of all the snow ideas I think that this is the one that Little Boo liked the most.  It feels wonderful! I made a snowman that Little boo kept having get fun "melting" basically just squashing it!



Little Boo had great fun scooping and making snowballs 


Some footprints as she had to get her feet in! 



White sparkly play dough
Thanks for this idea from Frogs & snails & puppy dog tails I followed the recipe (apart from adding self raising flour accidently) on here and made up a tray so Little Boo could make up some snowmen!












Inside of nappies and water 

I saw this idea on About.com chemistry and thought it was a good idea to try.  However, I was at first worried as there was mention of the nappies being toxic? I did a bit of looking around on the internet and after a bit of research I was happy to continue Almost Unschoolers did this activity and there was no mention of the nappies being toxic?

All you need is the inside of a disposable nappy which you just cut out out of the nappy.   Then  add a bit of water until you get the right consistency.  The more water the more sloppy it is.  It is not recommended to use this activity with children who would be likely to eat this as it expands.



Moving the snow with the trucks


Small world play





5 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the link love- I am so glad you enjoyed the snow recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much and thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Glad we inspired you, Looks like you all have been having lots of fun! Thanks,
    Frogs and Snails and Puppy Dog Tail-names wrong:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I apologise that I did spell your blog name wrong hopefully all OK now :) That will teach me to proof read better. Thank you again for the idea.

      Delete
  3. Love the one with shaving cream and corn starch -- definitely have to try that!

    Thanks so much for following me; I've loved looking through your posts -- so fun! Following you back now!

    ReplyDelete

I would be happy to hear any comments