Sunday 25 November 2012

Making Christmas trees- upcycle cardboard



I saw that they were selling cones that were like Christmas trees in our local store and thought how we could make those but better and sparklier.  The activity uses cardboard up-cycled from cereal packs (something that we have plenty of). I also saw the idea later on Pinterest!

I got the cones ready the night previous so that Little Boo just had to decorate!



The first of the trees we decorated using thin tinsel just wrapping it around the cone which had double sided tape on.  We then added some small ball balls with foam pads.


Little Boo enjoyed this but seemed to want to colour so for the next tree she coloured in, used stickers on a green piece of card then added tinsel.


The other tree used loads of pom poms.  I got a massive pack for 99p! Little Boo and me just added the pom poms onto the cone which had double sided tape on it.  I think this is my favourite tree as it is the one that Little Boo seemed to enjoy making the most.









2 comments:

  1. These are great. I hope you are going to share this on Mom's Library this week. Love the fact it is from upcycled material!

    http://heymommychocolatemilk.blogspot.com/2012/11/moms-library-link-up-7-for-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your trees!! They are so adorable. I am featuring them on the weekly kids co-op at housingaforest.com Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

I would be happy to hear any comments