Monday 10 March 2014

A few card ideas

Hello I decided to share with you a few cards that I have made recently.  I realise that some of my readers enjoy card making themselves and like to see the ideas that I have made.  This month I have used my sewing machine for the first time when creating a card I loved the results so will definitely be doing this again!

Here are the cards that I have made

Engagement Card

For this I used a embossing folder as a stamp to do the back ground then heat embossed this.  I love the effect that it gives.


Birthday Card

I was really pleased how this worked out as it was the first time that I have incorporated using the sewing machine within my designs.  This was much easier than I first thought and I like the bunting idea as it makes a really bright and cheerful card.  The little bows I made using a fork here is the video I used.


Birthday card for someone who enjoys the outdoors

My Husband really enjoys the outdoors and is attempting the welsh 3000's  in the Summer.  Due to this, this year I decided to make him a map inspired Birthday card. I therefore looked for inspiration on the Internet and found a super free Digi stamp download on Just rite paper craft. For the backing of the card and the tag I wanted something rustic looking so I used the chipboard from the back of an A4 pad  of paper. All that I did was do a good quality scan of the OS map for the background.



I hope that you like these ideas I will be back in a few days with some Mothers Day inspiration!!

Shared on

Sister act Card Challenge 

1 comment:

  1. All your creations are great!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Sister Act. :) -Alycia

    ReplyDelete

I would be happy to hear any comments