Tuesday 5 August 2014

Creative blog hop Q&A

I have been asked by my friend Elaine over at Craft my life to write for a creative blog hop.  I must say that the thought of writing about my creative journey feels a daunting one but here we go... What am I working on?Well it is usually easier to ask me what am I NOT working on.  I am a very hap-hazard crafter and usually am working on many projects at one time.  Currently, I am working on a journal inspired by Jennibellie! The outside of this was made with a cereal box then I covered it in brown paper scrunching to add creases. Inside I have hand bound papers which are up-cycled from magazines or cereal boxes.  Some papers I will journal on and others I have placed in such as birthday cards and notes my daughter has written me for safe keeping these I will leave.



Other projects I am working on are Decorative tape and clay beads 




















and my Moms and Dads Birthday cards (these are staying secret though as it has not been their Birthdays as yet) 
a baby blanket as I am due to have my 2nd baby in December :) very exciting time for us!



and I am consistently practising my Zentangle techniques. 

As you can see I like to have a variety of crafts started so that I can pick what I want to do depending on my mood and amount of time that I have.

I find that my journal lends itself well if I am having an uninspired day as I can just sit and play about with colours and textures or simply practise my drawing. No one has to see the work that I have completed so it does not have to be perfect.


How does my work vary from others in my genre?

That is a difficult one.  I suppose that I like to write about and think about ideas that I can share with my daughter to develop her creative talents as well.  Very often I like to up cycle and use items for crafts that would otherwise have been sent to landfill.  As well as making it cheaper I like the challenge of thinking outside the box.  Here are some examples of the up cycled crafts that I have completed with my daughter or independently.


Egg carton wreath



Tie- sunglasses holder





Keys Wind chime








How does your writing/creative process work?

As mentioned the creative process is a bit hap-hazard with me I do have times when I feel really inspired and do loads of creative work (time permitting) but other times when I take a break and just make some cards.  I feel that it is important not to force your creativity. I love the creative side but unfortunately on many occasions find the writing process more of a struggle and have to sit for ages wondering whether what I have written is easy to understand.  However, I do like to share my ideas with people in the hope that they may be inspired by my ideas and feel able to share them with their children.  Thank you for reading my post I will look forward to any comments :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be happy to hear any comments